Wednesday, January 20, 2016
Friday, November 6, 2015
Friday, August 28, 2015
Still, China’s economy remains a source of significant uncertainty. Indeed, although the performance of China’s stock market and that of its real economy has not been closely correlated, a major slowdown is under way. That is a serious concern, occupying finance ministries, central banks, trading desks, and importers and exporters worldwide. China’s government believed it could engineer a soft landing in the transition from torrid double-digit economic growth, fuelled by exports and investments, to steady and balanced growth underpinned by domestic consumption, especially of services. And, in fact, it enacted some sensible policies and reforms. But rapid growth obscured many problems. For example, officials, seeking to secure promotions by achieving short-term economic targets, misallocated resources; basic industries such as steel and cement built up vast excess capacity; and bad loans accumulated on the balance sheets of banks and local governments.
Sunday, January 11, 2015
Tuesday, September 3, 2013
Sunday, June 9, 2013
- Fracturarea hidraulică e o metodă extrem de periculoasă de extragere a gazelor naturale, care ne poate otrăvi apa, aerul și solul.
- Chimicalele (peste 500 de substante chimice ce pot provoca diverse tipuri de moarte) folosite pentru forare sunt toxice și pot contamina apa în urma unor scurgeri sau accidente; pentru foraj sunt necesare milioane de litri de apă, ceea ce poate epuiza rezervele locale.
- Apa reziduală rezultată în urma fracturării conține substanțe radioactive și chimicale toxice și este extrem de periculoasă, ceea ce face depozitarea ei extrem de dificilă și riscantă.
- În urma fracturării hidraulice, gazul natural poate “migra” în rezervele de apă potabilă, punând locuințele și fântânile din vecinătate în pericol de explozie. În SUA au fost documentate peste 1.000 de cazuri de contaminare a apei în apropierea zonelor de extracție.
- Fracturarea hidraulică accelerează schimbările climatice și este asociată cu alunecări de teren și cutremure (sursa: http://www.avaaz.org/ro/spune_nu_fracturaerii_hidraulice_an_romania/?pv=13)
Tuesday, March 26, 2013
Thursday, February 10, 2011
INCREASING THE EFFECTIVE LENDING CAPACITY OF THE EFSF
There is a strong chance of this step being adopted. The nominal lending capacity of the European Financial Stability Facility, the euro zone bailout fund, is 440 billion euros, but because of a system of guarantees to secure a triple-A credit rating, the special purpose vehicle has an effective lending capacity of only around 250 billion euros. The European Commission, France, Germany and others agree that the effective lending capacity should be boosted to the full 440 billion and talks are focusing on how to do that. The idea of raising the EFSF's overall size above 440 billion euros was rejected by euro zone ministers on Jan. 17.
HOW COULD THE EFSF'S CAPACITY BE INCREASED?
Lifting the EFSF's effective capacity could require euro zone states to increase their guarantees, forcing some governments to seek fresh approval from their parliaments. This could be politically tricky in countries such as Germany where public opinion is against bailouts of countries that have been overspending or not kept budgets in check. Berlin has indicated that instead, euro zone countries with a rating below the top notch could inject cash into the EFSF, making up for their lack of a triple-A grade. If the 11 non-AAA countries in the euro zone injected cash, the fund would no longer need cash buffers to secure its rating and could therefore lower its interest rate. But non-AAA countries are not keen to spend cash, so the end-result could be a mix of both options, euro zone sources have indicated.